International Film Festival and Awards Gala. Honorary Chairperson Mary Bono is carrying on this stellar tradition along with the help of Palm Springs Mayor Steve Pougnet!
All eyes, including mine, were on the Palm Springs Convention Center on Saturday night as the black-tie gala kicked off, hosted by the charming and elegant TV anchor Mary Hart and Entertainment Tonight. About 2,000 privileged guests were in Hollywood heaven as they attended this prestigious event, sponsored by world-renowned Cartier jewelers and Mercedes Benz. Closely mirroring the Golden Globes in worldwide attention and glamor, this film spectacular boasts more than 475 screenings of 180 movies from 68 countries lasting almost two weeks.
Celebrities spotted on the Red Carpet at this year’s event include Helen Mirren, Ben Affleck, Sally Field, Helen Hunt, Richard Gere, etc. Over 130,000 moviegoers are sure to be entertained for two weeks at this international film festival which spotlights Hollywood’s top talent as they demonstrate to the theater world why they are considered the best in their field.
- Robert Zemeckis: Director of the Year
- Helen Mirren: International Star Award
- Richard Gere: Chairman’s Award
- Sally Field: Career Achievement Award
- Ben Affleck, Alan Arkin, Bryan Cranston: Ensemble Performance Award
- Naomi Watts: Palm Desert Achievement Award
- Bradley Cooper: Desert Palm Award
- Helen Hunt: Spotlight Award
- Tom Hooper: Sonny Bono Award
- Mychael Danna: Frederick Loew Film Composing Award
Presenters of this Festival included Tom Hanks, Diane Lane, Richard Gere, and Martin Sheen.
Deserving a standing ovations are Chairman Harold Matzner and the outstanding leadership of the Board of Directors who donate over $1,000,000 every year; making it possible for the Palm Springs International Film Society to carry on with their activities…
Sonny Bono is definitely looking down from up above and smiling at this party !!