Jojoba Oil’s Beauty Benefits
You’ve likely heard of jojoba oil’s beauty benefits and it’s safe to say all the hype is well deserved.
Just when you think you’ve tried it all and your beauty routine can’t get any better, we dig up the not-so-secret, secret ingredients that can keep your skin glamorous.
The jojoba plant is a shrubby tree found in North America, and jojoba oil is the oil extracted from the seeds of this plant. While the jojoba plant has always existed, it took until the last few decades for this oil to gain recognition in the beauty industry.
Its benefits extend from glowing skin to perfect nails and lush hair. Here are some beauty benefits of jojoba oil that make it your beauty routine’s next must-have.
Jojoba oil is part of what we know as a humectant – an ingredient that seals moisture to keep your skin or hair hydrated. The oil deeply soothes the skin and moisturizes without clogging your pores.
Jojoba oil has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent the growth of bacteria and protect the skin.
Fights pollution with antioxidants
This wonder oil is rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, E, and D, and fatty acids. It helps your skin fight oxidative stress from exposure to toxins and external pollutants while maintaining your glow.
In simple terms, this refers to jojoba oil’s wax ester composition that is similar to sebum naturally produced in the skin. This allows jojoba oil to penetrate more deeply than other oils enhancing its effectiveness; it also aids in balancing skin oil production and functioning as a carrier for other active ingredients like retinol.
Jojoba oil helps to promote the production of collagen, soothe burns, speed up wound healing, and slow down the appearance of aging. What makes it even better is the hypoallergenic quality, so almost anyone can try jojoba oil without fear of an allergic reaction.
How to use jojoba oil for its beauty benefits
While jojoba oil is potent, how you use it goes a long way to determine your beauty results. I recommend-
- Use jojoba oil to clean off makeup. Apply your oil on a cotton swab and use it across the skin to remove makeup, sunscreen, and any other substance on the face. It cleanses with a glow.
- Apply jojoba oil as a deep conditioning treatment for the hair. Use it before shampooing to soothe itchiness and stimulate hair growth. You can also apply it as a hair mask afterward.
- Trust jojoba oil for acne treatment and prevention. Most people already apply jojoba oil daily to moisturize, protect, and heal breakouts or acne scars.
- Massage on specific spots to treat eczema and similar skin problems.
- Use on the nails and lips to nourish the skin there and prevent dehydration.
- If you have a cold sore, apply jojoba oil to the area. The oil will mix with the skin’s natural sebum and block the flow of oxygen to the virus.
Jojoba oil is the main ingredient in several beauty products, including moisturizers. It’s a good place to start.
Read more from I On The Scene: HERE