Mara Nyika Camp
In Mara Nyika, privacy is key, and a camp doesn’t get any more luxurious than this one. Mara Nyika is described as a sister camp to Mara Plains because of the name ‘Nyika’ which means ‘large plains or great plains’. It is a new player in safari adventures. The camp was opened at the start of August and is already popular amongst tourists. The camp is set in a picturesque valley and amidst the iconic flat-topped Acacia trees in the 50, 000-acre Naboisho conservancy. It is designed as a deluxe tree camp with light-colored canvas suites rising above the tree canopies to offer exceptional views of the landscape. Mara Nyika is all about privacy and serenity.
You also get to experience the lion king in real life from the early hours when the light rises and a cool breeze blows across the plains followed by the sounds of the wildebeest and zebras calling to each other. At twilight, the king of beasts roars across the landscape.
What to love about Mara Nyika
- It is an important route for the great migration and the best place to view it all. Watch majestic creatures walk proudly by in small and great numbers.
- It is the home of Kenya’s biggest cats of various species.
- Mara Nyika is dedicated to giving you memories. Hence, photography is a big deal on the camp. There are professional cameras and lenses provided in every guest tent. The land cruisers used in the camp are outfitted with photography equipment. Professional binoculars are available at the camp, and private photography guides can be provided upon request.
- Mara Nyika presents the best guides to host you through your safari. Learn and explore all in one.
- The Maasai tribespeople is a big part of the camp and you get to interact with them and the rich culture.
- Mara Nyika stands out with little to no crowds thereby maximizing your adventure. Activities to engage in are diverse and fun but you can never go wrong with the luxury spa, hot air ballooning, bird watching, game drives in the mornings and evenings, bush walks, and gourmet picnics.
- If you are a yoga practitioner, Mara Nyika is the best place to meditate with a serene environment, yoga mats, and bands provided on camp.
- The accommodation comprises 4 opulent suites, spacious and expertly designed. Necessary facilities such as showers, dressing area, ceiling fans, power outlets, mini-safe, hairdryers and more are provided per suite.
- Mara Nyika offers 24-hour clean, solar-powered electricity across the camp. Meals are as exotic as they come with a wide selection of drinks. Mara Nyika is built in a romantic and private style with winding walkways through trees.
The camp supports sustainable tourism and works together with the Maasai tribespeople to promote conservation. A truly magical place is the Mara Nyika. As I earnestly create my own lion king experience in this camp, I would like to thank those that helped make this happen. Thanks to Tim Lapage and everyone at Safari Experts of Park City, Utah for their assistance in planning this Kenya Safari.
Read more from I On The Scene: HERE.