Your Guide To Luxury Senior Living
Luxury Senior Living: There is such a thing as retiring in style, and it’s exactly what LSL is all about.
Imagine being able to spend your retirement years with luxury options thanks to your hefty savings or an already established, comfortable lifestyle.
Read further as we give you this quick guide to luxury senior living.
What makes luxury senior living?
LSL communities do!
These communities offer stylish homes in fitting locations with premium services and amenities to match. The entire experience feels like living the rest of your days on vacation.
Facilities are characterized by
- Spacious apartments
- Balconies or patios.
- High-end kitchen appliances, laundry machines
- Amenities like spas and hair salons, restaurants, swimming pools, fitness centers, golf courses, and theaters
- Fine dining
- Services such as housekeeping, grocery shopping, delivery, transportation, and health services, such as onsite appointments with visiting doctors.
- Various levels of support, including independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing care.
Who should consider LSL?
The answer should be anyone who can afford it, but to be more specific,
Active seniors will benefit immensely from the overall services and support in a luxury senior living community
Seniors who are already living a luxury lifestyle
Older adults with ample retirement savings, income, and/or long-term care insurance coverage for this kind of senior living arrangement
Even seniors having dementia can benefit from this community within those that offer the services they need to thrive.
How much does it cost?
Naturally, the cost of luxury senior living is quite high. On average, the monthly rent can be from $6000 – $12,000 in some states.
Factors that affect the costs include the services the residents require (assisted living would require more support than independent living) if you choose a Life Plan Community and many others.
Life Plan communities charge a steep entrance fee, require a long-term contract costing well over $100,000, and proof of assets.
LSL generally costs about 30% more than non-luxury senior living communities, and not all insurance covers it.
What’s more important?
Aesthetics and the luxury lifestyle are not all that matter for living out your retirement years. These years are better filled with joy and comfort your heart recognizes.
Hence, if luxury senior living is something beyond your reach, it’s not a bad thing. You can opt for affordable communities that still offer quality services.
Consider more important factors like:
- Is the staff qualified to handle your medical needs?
- Do they have past health violations?
- Do you or your loved one like the people in the community? Can you see yourself interacting with these people daily?
Read more from I On The Scene: HERE.